[Samba] SAMBA failed join domain DC

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Feb 21 13:00:57 UTC 2018

On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 17:32:39 +0500
"denis.shigapov" <denis.shigapov at stroylandiya.ru> wrote:

> 1. >> 4. I can assure you that the join command works on 4.7.5, I did
> it last Friday, albeit against a Samba AD DC.
>
> 2. Administrator is blocked, I unlocked he, tried it with him, but
> the result of the same, not join((
>

> You can tell the compilation flags for the samba?
> I want to try to compile from the source in server and install
> now I install from recompiling rpm

When I compile Samba I just use './configure && make && make install'
and Samba appears in /usr/local/samba
This way, my compiled Samba does not interfer with the OS Samba
packages.

How wedded are you to Centos 7 ?
If you were to use Debian, you could use the packages supplied by Louis
Van Belle, latest version is 4.7.5

Rowland