[Samba] win2003 AD migration to SAMBA 4.6 - dnsupdate problem

Tomáš Havlín thavlin at spel.cz
Wed Feb 21 12:42:22 UTC 2018

I want to migrate old 2003 domain to Samba - join SAMBA 4.6(DC2) to win
2003 domain like DC, move sysvol, FSMO, demote old server(DC1), etc.,
etc. -
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Joining_a_Samba_DC_to_an_Existing_Active_Directory

My problem are DNS Updates, I have kerberos working (added enctypes =
rc4-hmac for compatibility), SAMBA join without errors, I have created
DNS records, can move FSMO. But DNS if working only on DC1,  not on DC2,
I have found in logs troubles with dnsupdates. DC1 thinks it is only one
DC in domain.

_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site._sites.gc._msdcs.test.local. 900 IN SRV 0
100 3268 dc2.test.local.
tkey query failed: GSSAPI error: Major = Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor
code may provide more information, Minor = KDC has no support for
encryption type.
Failed nsupdate: 1
Failed update of 20 entries

bB