[Samba] Fwd: Migrating server

Rob Thoman emailthomasrob at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 06:27:50 UTC 2018

Hi Andrew,
I can't shutdown the old samba box as it will still be hosting the shares.

Can I do any of the following?
Would it make sense for me to migrate the backend to LDAP ?
Or following your first comment, can I setup rysnc every 5 minutes to
replicate data. You're right it is a migration path but I can't migrate
until this works in the test environment

Thank you

RT