[Samba] Is it possible to lower the domain and forest functional level

Christophe Borivant cborivant at devinlec.com
Mon Feb 19 18:07:12 UTC 2018

I made a try translating the group names one by one in the setup/provision_users.ldif file.
The first groups went OK but when I translate "Incoming Forest Trust Builders" by "Générateurs d'approbations de forêt entrante",
I get this error from the script :
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "source4/scripting/bin/samba_upgradeprovision", line 1714, in <module>
    schema, schemareloadclosure):
  File "source4/scripting/bin/samba_upgradeprovision", line 1360, in update_samdb
    schema, provisionUSNs, prereloadfunc)
  File "source4/scripting/bin/samba_upgradeprovision", line 1145, in update_partition
    add_missing_entries(ref_samdb, samdb, names, basedn, listMissing)
  File "source4/scripting/bin/samba_upgradeprovision", line 757, in add_missing_entries
    hashMissing, index)
  File "source4/scripting/bin/samba_upgradeprovision", line 616, in add_missing_object
    controls=["search_options:1:2"])
_ldb.LdbError: (1, 'Unable to parse search expression')

Could the "ê" be a problem or the length of the string ?

Christophe Borivant
Responsable d'exploitation informatique
+33 5 62 20 71 71 (Poste 503)

Devinlec - Groupe Leclerc