[Samba] Winbind idmap partially fails to load attributes with 4.6.7 (Ubuntu 17.10)

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Feb 19 14:02:56 UTC 2018

On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 16:31:39 +0300
Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex.ru> wrote:

> >  # Version 4.6.7-Ubuntu
> >  [global]
> >         prefork children:smb = 4 # As I understand it, this isn't
> > in 4.6.x
>
> I verified that this is a default option on both 4.3 and 4.6 equipped
> hosts in my possession.

Funny that, if you look here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_4.8_Features_added/changed

Under 'smb.conf changes'

You will find:

prefork children                   New                     1

And if you search Samba 4.6.x 'man smb.conf' for 'prefork children', it
isn't found.

> You could have ignored it silently, but you decided to vent your
> anger. I wonder, who's more relieved now.

I tried to help you by pointing out that posting the output of
'testparm -v' wasn't helpful, I have also never vented my anger, you
would have know if I had.
You however, just keep responding with snide remarks.

I must ask you to stop replying in such tones, if not I will have to get
your mailing list account deleted.

Rowland Penny
Samba team member