[Samba] migrate several samba3+openldap pdc to samba3

Guido Lorenzutti guido at lorenzutti.com.ar
Sat Feb 17 23:44:40 UTC 2018

Hi there! I have one domain, shared between several samba3+openldap
on different geographical locations. I want to migrate them to samba4.

The domain has aprox 4000 users accounts, 4000 workstations, and
several groups.

I was able to successfully migrate the domain in a
test environment. But I am faced with the problem that I will not be
able to migrate in parallel the more than 20 locations at the same time.
Most likely I have to do one per day, or one every other day. But during
that time, users will continue to use the domain and change their
passwords. As also the machine accounts will continue to interact with
the domain to update their credentials.

Any idea to gradually migrate
every location without having the problem that since I made the first
migration, there have probably been changes in passwords, creations of
users, etc?

Thanks in advance.