[Samba] Is it possible to lower the domain and forest functional level

Denis Cardon dcardon at tranquil.it
Thu Feb 15 17:50:48 UTC 2018

Hi Christophe,

> I checked all the attributes and objectclass defined in
> /usr/share/samba/setup/ad-schema/MS-AD_Schema_2K8_R2_Attributes.txt
> and /usr/share/samba/setup/ad-schema/MS-AD_Schema_2K8_R2_Classes.txt
> exists in my samba 4 ldap.
> Nothing is missing.
> Can you give me some inputs to "recreate a Samba 4.7 domain with same SID by piping in all the objects" ?

you create a new domain with the same SID. Then you use python-ldap to
recreate the objects with same attributes, use python-ldb to fix RID,
and pdbedit to re-inject ntlm hashes (that will also recreate the
RC4-HMAC kerberos hashes). The best documentation for all this is still
the samba source code itself.

Cheers,

Denis

--