[Samba] ACL not set from Microsoft

Miguel Medalha medalist at sapo.pt
Thu Feb 15 12:06:38 UTC 2018

You solicited that behavior by putting this on your smb.conf:

> acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes

The current Samba behavior when this parameter is included is to neither
read nor set extended Linux acls. Only Windows ACLs are set, through
acl_xattr.

There was a period when the above parameter caused the system acls to be
written but not read. This was rightfully considered inconsistent,
unnecessary and performance impairing. The behavior was changed in a
Samba version I am trying to locate... I will be back when I find it.