[Samba] how to upgrade schema version?

Christophe Borivant cborivant at devinlec.com
Thu Feb 15 09:03:50 UTC 2018

Hello ,

I did it from schema version 31 to 47.
You'll have to get the ldf files used by adprep.
The files have to be split between updates and adds.
There must be also some syntax changes.
I can send you the resulting files if you want.

You'll also need to manually add some informations in order to be able to join a real windows 2008 R2 controller.
Those informations are :
CN=ActiveDirectoryUpdate,CN=ForestUpdates,cn=configuration,dc=yourdomain,dc=local with the attribute revision set to 5
and
CN=ActiveDirectoryUpdate,CN=DomainUpdates,CN=System,dc=yourdomain,dc=local with the attribute revision set to 5

As I'm not yet able to join a real windows 2008 R2 controller ( dcpromo fails when trying to replicate the configuration partition ),
 I'm not sure it is enough.

Christophe Borivant
Responsable d'exploitation informatique
+33 5 62 20 71 71 (Poste 503)