[Samba] ACL not set from Microsoft

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Feb 15 08:24:59 UTC 2018

On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 08:36:10 +0100
Matteo Maretto via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi.
> We set up a samba domain with two DC ver. 4.7.3 and a file server
> ver. 4.7.1.
> Currently we have a problem setting ACLs from a Microsoft client.
> When we set an ACL the client shows the new ACL correctly, but on the
> fileserver the /getfacl/ command shows no changes.
>
> The filesystem is na ext4 with the options
> /rw,acl,user_xattr,usrquota,grpquota./

You might as well remove 'acl,user_xattr', they are the defualts with
ext4

> This is the share configuration:/
> /
>
> /[user1]
>          path = /opt/samba/fileserver/user1

As you want to use windows ACLs, try resetting it to this:

[user1]
       path = /opt/samba/fileserver/user1
       read only = no

Then read this:

Though, has it seems to be a users homedir, you might need to read this
as well:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_Home_Folders

Rowland