[Samba] ACL not set from Microsoft
rpenny at samba.org
Thu Feb 15 08:24:59 UTC 2018
On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 08:36:10 +0100
Matteo Maretto via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> We set up a samba domain with two DC ver. 4.7.3 and a file server
> ver. 4.7.1.
> Currently we have a problem setting ACLs from a Microsoft client.
> When we set an ACL the client shows the new ACL correctly, but on the
> fileserver the /getfacl/ command shows no changes.
> The filesystem is na ext4 with the options
You might as well remove 'acl,user_xattr', they are the defualts with
> This is the share configuration:/
> path = /opt/samba/fileserver/user1
As you want to use windows ACLs, try resetting it to this:
path = /opt/samba/fileserver/user1
read only = no
Then read this:
Though, has it seems to be a users homedir, you might need to read this
More information about the samba