[Samba] wbinfo -U id gives different users on same dc

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Feb 14 15:26:39 UTC 2018

On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 16:30:07 +0200
Özkan Göksu <ozkan.goksu at usishi.com> wrote:

> RID solved my problem. But while reading docs I saw new things and I
> changed my smb.conf completely.
> I have read almost every parameter but i'm still not %100 sure.
> Can you do me a last favor?
> Please can you tell me do I have any problem with new smb.conf?

No problems as such, but you don't need these because they are default
settings:

    winbind nested groups = yes
    encrypt passwords = yes
    strict locking = Auto
    oplocks = yes
    deadtime = 15
    unix charset = UTF-8
    case sensitive = auto
    guest account = nobody
    ntlm auth = no
    client ntlmv2 auth = yes
    kernel change notify = yes
    domain logons = no
    client use spnego = yes
    strict sync = no

All the next two lines do is make 'getent passwd' & 'getent group'
display a list of all users or groups AND slow things down, you do not
need them:

    winbind enum users = yes
    winbind enum groups = yes

The next line is only any good on a Samba DC:

    dns update command = /usr/sbin/samba_dnsupdate

You shouldn't really mess with the socket options, that's the kernels
job:

    socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_KEEPALIVE

Rowland