[Samba] high cpu usage samba 4 AD

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Feb 13 23:14:05 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-02-13 at 23:59 +0100, Trenta sis wrote:
> OK, Thanks for your information.
> If I remove this new group with 3500 users, I understand that load
> will be recovered to normal usage, correct?

Sadly no.  In Samba 4.4 that won't help, the group and the group
memberships will remain, just marked as deleted.

> About upgrade if I have only one server with 4.4.5 the best option is
> add another dc with 4.7 compiled, then transfer and upgrade (or join
> old server) or upgrade actual 4.4.5 to 4.7 and then add a new dc?
> I like to keep 2 dc with same config and fully compatible and stable

Do the upgrade by joining a new DC, don't upgrade in place.  Remember
you will have to replicate the sysvol contents yourself however.

That also allows you to upgrade the base OS, which is likely getting
old in any case.

Sorry,

Andrew Bartlett

--