[Samba] Samba PDC and Ubuntu desktop client logon script

Rick Warner rick at microway.com
Tue Feb 13 21:21:27 UTC 2018

Hi Luigi,

It sounds like you're trying to apply group policy behavior to Linux
domain members.  That is not directly supported.

Your best bet is probably to have a startup script that you manually add
to your Ubuntu clients that checks the sysvol provided by your PDC for a
specific file name (ie - ubuntu-login.sh) and then copies it to
/etc/profile.d.  With typical configs, bash checks for any files ending
in .sh in /etc/profile.d and sources them during your log in.

Thanks,
Rick