[Samba] Is it possible to lower the domain and forest functional level

Christophe Borivant cborivant at devinlec.com
Tue Feb 13 11:45:15 UTC 2018

I've found a solution. The samba ldap was missing 2 information to allow a windows 2008 R2 to join the domain as a secondary controller.
Those informations were :
CN=ActiveDirectoryUpdate,CN=ForestUpdates,cn=configuration,dc=yourdomain,dc=local with the attribute revision set to 5
and
CN=ActiveDirectoryUpdate,CN=DomainUpdates,CN=System,dc=yourdomain,dc=local with the attribute revision set to 5

But now dcpromo fails replicating CN=Configuration,DC=mydomain,DC=com.
dcpromo.log shows "-1507 JET_errColumnNotFound, No such column"

Christophe Borivant
Responsable d'exploitation informatique
+33 5 62 20 71 71 (Poste 503)

Devinlec - Groupe Leclerc