[Samba] ldb warning unique index violation on conflicts with

Andrej Gessel andrej.gessel at janztec.com
Tue Feb 13 11:06:38 UTC 2018

Hello list,

I am testing Samba 4.8.0rc3 and see following output every drepl-Service
run:

DRS replication add DN of ad1894a9-07f8-4ae2-8e5c-2a15ed9ed8b3 is
CN=BUILDHOST,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=samdom,DC=local
ldb: ../lib/ldb/ldb_tdb/ldb_index.c:1837: unique index violation on
@IDXDN in CN=BUILDHOST,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=samdom,DC=local,
conficts with ɟܬoѢNo𮭗k in @INDEX:@IDXDN:CN=BUILDHOST,OU=DOMAIN
CONTROLLERS,DC=SAMDOM,DC=LOCAL
Replicated 89 objects (163 linked attributes) for DC=samdom,DC=local
dreplsrv_op_pull_source(WERR_OK) for DC=samdom,DC=local

It is always 89 objects with the same number of attributes.

DC is an RODC joined with Version 4.6.x(or 4.5.x I don't know anymore)
and then upgraded to 4.8.0rc3 in place. There is no other errors or
warnings I can see now.

I saw message like this on other domain, where I joined RODC with 4.7.0
and than upgraded in place by 4.8.0rc3.

Is it an error or warning? What should I do with such issues?

Andrej