[Samba] GPO - Computer Policies are not applied

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Feb 13 09:45:38 UTC 2018

Hai,

Micha, Sorry for the absence, i had a few days off, now colleges are sick, so bit more absenced atm.
I'll try to help you guys going.

For you both, can you try this script, review it, it checkd the problem pointd of the GPO settting
On sysvol, user/group mappings can file etc. ( due to SID_BOTH )
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thctlo/samba4/master/samba-check-set-sysvol.sh

The output must be error free, if not you keep having GPO problems.

I've set it to not change anything, by default, its now an option.
It creates the file :  default-rights-sysvol.acl
Which in my case results in :
# file: /var/lib/samba/sysvol
# owner: root
# group: root
user::rwx
user:root:rwx
user:3000000:rwx
user:3000001:r-x
user:3000002:rwx
user:3000003:r-x
group::rwx
group:3000000:rwx
group:3000001:r-x
group:3000002:rwx
group:3000003:r-x
mask::rwx
other::---
default:user::rwx
default:user:root:rwx
default:user:3000000:rwx
default:user:3000001:r-x
default:user:3000002:rwx
default:user:3000003:r-x
default:group::---
default:group:3000000:rwx
default:group:3000001:r-x
default:group:3000002:rwx
default:group:3000003:r-x
default:mask::rwx
default:other::---

If you look in the script, you see the four SID.

DC_SERVER_OPERATORS="S-1-5-32-549"
DC_ADMINISTRATORS="S-1-5-32-544"
DC_SYSTEM="S-1-5-18"
DC_AUTHENTICATED_USERS="S-1-5-11"
These must work in resolving with wbinfo to get the correct uid/gid for sysvol.

These wbinfo --... Tests

For "BUILTIN\Administrators" and BUILTIN\Server Operators
--sid-to-uid --uid-to-sid --gid-to-sid --sid-to-name --name-to-sid

For System and Authenticated users, these must be tested.
--sid-to-uid --uid-to-sid --gid-to-sid --sid-to-name

If one of these fail, you have a error in the setup, these should al resolv on the dc.
wbinfo --sid-to-uid="S-1-5-32-544"

wbinfo --uid-to-sid="The result of above (uid)", returns the value of above (S-1-5-32-544)
wbinfo --gid-to-sid="The result of the first, =(uid)=(gid)", returns the value of above (S-1-5-32-544)

wbinfo --sid-to-name="S-1-5-32-544" results in the name.
wbinfo --name-to-sid="The result of above (name)", returns the value of above (S-1-5-32-544)

Greetz,

Louis