[Samba] domain provision again ?

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Feb 8 10:05:35 UTC 2018

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 10:50:01 +0100
Massimo Donato via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> thank you rowland,
>
> so as far i understand is not possible for me.
> any idea on how to recover the domain that is not working? can't add
> workstations
> everything seems good in the log execpt:
>
> [root at zeus ~]# samba-tool domain demote
> --remove-other-dead-server=backupdc
> WARNING: The "profile acls"
> option is deprecated

First the easy bit ;-) You can ignore the warnng, it is just telling
you that you have a deprecated line in smb.conf

> ERROR: Demote failed: DemoteException: backupdc
> is not an AD DC in somdomain.com

The demote seems to have failed because it thinks you do not have a DC
called 'backupdc', have you checked in AD ?

> A transaction is still active in ldb context [0x27bfd20] on
> tdb:///usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb

Not sure about this, but can you post the smb.conf from the DC

Rowland