[Samba] domain provision again ?

Massimo Donato - Adcom.it donato at adcom.it
Thu Feb 8 10:03:57 UTC 2018

*//*
Il 08/02/2018 10:59, Denis Cardon via samba ha scritto:
> Hi Massimo,

>>> If you provision Samba, you will get a NEW domain. Whilst you can dump
>>> the users etc from the old domain, you will need to create them again
>>> in the new domain, this includes joining the workstations. Any files
>>> etc that belong to the old users & groups will have to be 'chown' to
>>> the new ones. The windows profiles (as far as I am aware) from the old
>>> domain cannot be used because they contain the old domains SID.
>>>
>>> Rowland
>>>
>> so as far i understand is not possible for me.
>> any idea on how to recover the domain that is not working? can't add
>> workstations
>> everything seems good in the log execpt:
>>
>> [root at zeus ~]# samba-tool domain demote
>> --remove-other-dead-server=backupdc
>> WARNING: The "profile acls" option is deprecated
>> ERROR: Demote failed: DemoteException: backupdc is not an AD DC in
>> somdomain.com
>> A transaction is still active in ldb context [0x27bfd20] on
>> tdb:///usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb
>
> have you check that RID FSMO role is on the still on the surviving
> server?
>   samba-tool fsmo show
>
> Cheers,
>
> Denis
SchemaMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=ZEUS,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=adcomlocal,DC=local
InfrastructureMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=ZEUS,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=adcomlocal,DC=local
RidAllocationMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=ZEUS,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=adcomlocal,DC=local
PdcEmulationMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=ZEUS,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=adcomlocal,DC=local
DomainNamingMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=ZEUS,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=adcomlocal,DC=local
DomainDnsZonesMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=ZEUS,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=adcomlocal,DC=local
ForestDnsZonesMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=ZEUS,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=adcomlocal,DC=local

---
http://www.avg.com