[Samba] domain provision again ?

Massimo Donato donato at adcom.it
Thu Feb 8 09:50:01 UTC 2018

thank you rowland,

Il 08/02/2018 10:41, Rowland Penny via samba ha scritto:
> On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 10:30:55 +0100
> Massimo Donato via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi to All,
>> i'm wondering to do again domain provision.
>> anyone that tryed this?
>> any idea on how to have the previous users profiles imported in the
>> new domain ?
>> do i have to rejoin all the workstations?
> If you provision Samba, you will get a NEW domain. Whilst you can dump
> the users etc from the old domain, you will need to create them again
> in the new domain, this includes joining the workstations. Any files
> etc that belong to the old users & groups will have to be 'chown' to
> the new ones. The windows profiles (as far as I am aware) from the old
> domain cannot be used because they contain the old domains SID.
>
> Rowland

so as far i understand is not possible for me.
any idea on how to recover the domain that is not working? can't add
workstations
everything seems good in the log execpt:

[root at zeus ~]# samba-tool domain demote --remove-other-dead-server=backupdc
WARNING: The "profile acls" option is deprecated
ERROR: Demote failed: DemoteException: backupdc is not an AD DC in
somdomain.com
A transaction is still active in ldb context [0x27bfd20] on
tdb:///usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb

---
Questa email รจ stata esaminata alla ricerca di virus da AVG.
http://www.avg.com