[Samba] GPOs not Working!

Robert Marcano robert at marcanoonline.com
Wed Feb 7 22:21:03 UTC 2018

On 02/07/2018 05:01 AM, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> Hai,
>
> Ok, for the sysvol.
> I'll put all steps here again.
>
> I suggest start with this one.
> wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thctlo/samba4/master/samba-check-set-sysvol.sh
> This checks and set the rights to be known to be right. ( aka works great for me ) ;-)

Thanks, but before I run that script (I need to analyse what it is doing
before)

I just one more question, why do you think these problems are ACL
problems?, when I create a new GPO with default authenticated users
filtering, liked at domain level, add user and computers configurations
on the same GPO, and gpresult show the machine part is denied. It
shouldn't be. I think fs ACL problems are not the problem here, we are
talking about the same GPO.

Can you help me with one little request, check "gpresult /v" on a Samba
AD joined domain computer and tell me if in the section where it list
the groups the machine is member of, do it show more entries than

   NULL SID
   NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK,
   This company,
   and something like "mandatory level of no trust" (Windows is not in
english)

do it show "Authenticated users" and "Domain Computers" for you?