[Samba] after a couple of year of success is not possible to add workstations to domain

Massimo Donato donato at adcom.it
Wed Feb 7 18:22:25 UTC 2018

*//*

thank you denis for your answer.

Il 07/02/2018 18:40, Denis Cardon via samba ha scritto:
> Hi Massimo,

>>> I think the one still lives, was the forst one i configured.
>>>
>>> i tryed something just not to bother all the list, may this help ?
>>>
>>> [root at zeus log]# samba-tool dbcheck --fix
>>> WARNING: The "profile acls" option is deprecated
>>> Checking 309 objects
>>> Checked 309 objects (0 errors)
>>> [root at zeus log]# samba-tool dbcheck --cross-nc --fix
>>> WARNING: The "profile acls" option is deprecated
>>> Checking 3578 objects
>>> Checked 3578 objects (0 errors)
>>> [root at zeus log]# samba-tool drs showrepl
>>> WARNING: The "profile acls" option is deprecated
>>> Default-First-Site-Name\ZEUS
>>> DSA Options: 0x00000001
>>> DSA object GUID: e0a28581-6f38-4a9e-b593-43b65cafb872
>>> DSA invocationId: adb5b609-20d2-4b4c-a8da-1bdb74dc444e
>>>
>>> ==== INBOUND NEIGHBORS ====
>>>
>>> ==== OUTBOUND NEIGHBORS ====
>>>
>>> ==== KCC CONNECTION OBJECTS ====
>> also tryed this and no errors:
>> any idea on how to remove the dead server from dns entries ?
>>
>> [root at zeus /]# host -t SRV _kerberos._udp.somdomain.com.
>> _kerberos._udp.somdomain.com has SRV record 0 100 88 zeus.somdomain.com.
>> _kerberos._udp.somdomain.com has SRV record 0 100 88
>> backupdc.somdomain.com.
>> [root at zeus /]# host -t SRV _ldap._tcp.somdomain.com
>> _ldap._tcp.somdomain.com has SRV record 0 100 389 zeus.somdomain.com.
>> _ldap._tcp.somdomain.com has SRV record 0 100 389
>> backupdc.somdomain.com.
>
> if you are in 4.7, then
>
> samba-tool domain demote --remove-other-dead-server=backupdc
>
> it should remove both the computer/ntdsa entries and the dns entries.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Denis
i tryed your demote
and athe answer was

[root at zeus ~]# samba-tool domain demote --remove-other-dead-server=backupdc
WARNING: The "profile acls" option is deprecated
ERROR: Demote failed: DemoteException: backupdc is not an AD DC in
somdomain.com
A transaction is still active in ldb context [0x27bfd20] on
tdb:///usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb

and also

host -t SRV _kerberos._udp.somdomain.com.

and still reports the same.

in the meawhile also tryed to update to 4.7.5, with no errors/improvements.
still can't add workstation to domain, and also "rsat aduc" is not able
to detect domain.

and also increased log leve and now, after some hours afterstasrtup the
i found this in winbindd.log

[2018/02/07 19:19:02.377707,  1]
../source3/winbindd/winbindd_util.c:361(trustdom_list_done)
   trustdom_list_done: Could not receive trusts for domain somdomain.com

---
http://www.avg.com