[Samba] Replication fails after DC re-joined to domain

Denis Cardon dcardon at tranquil.it
Wed Feb 7 17:38:20 UTC 2018

Hi Roy,

> First some background:
> ==================
> I had a test environment which had two samba DCs (running v 4.8.0rc2) and 1
> Windows Server 2008R2 DC.    The samba DCs had been upgraded from v 4.6x and the
> secrets database was not encrypted (as far as I know).    I decided to downgrade
> one of the samba DCs to v 4.7.4.
>
> On re-starting samba after the downgrade the log shows:
>
> ldb: unable to dlopen /usr/local/samba/lib/ldb/encrypted_secrets.so :
> /usr/local/samba/lib/private/libdsdb-module-samba4.so: version `SAMBA_4.8.0RC2'
> not found (required by /usr/local/samba/lib/ldb/encrypted_secrets.so)

when you are doing your downgrade, did you clean up all the
/usr/local/samba directory or did you make && make install over the
existing installation?

If it was a quick'n dirty make && make install over the existing 4.8
install, could you try to do a install on a clean directory and then
copy over etc/smb.conf, private/ and var/locks/?

Cheers,

Denis

--
Denis Cardon