[Samba] GPOs not Working!

Micha Ballmann ballmann at uni-landau.de
Wed Feb 7 10:44:43 UTC 2018

Before i do that,

i dont understand why i have to do this!

I m just testing straight forward.

Now i have 3 GPOs

  * Default Domain Policy
      o (no configurations)
  * test1
      o User Configuration: Mount Share and Create Desktop Icon;
        /Security Filter/: Authenticated Users ---> THIS GPO IS WORKING!
  * test2
      o Computer Configuration: Interactive logon: Do not require CTRL +
        ALT + DEL and Interactive login: Do not display last user name;
        /Security Filter/: Authenticated Users, Domain Computers --->
        THIS GPO IS *NOT *WORKING! (Also tried Security Filter:
        Authenticated Users ONLY)

The ACLs of my policies:

Default Domain Policy (test1 and test2 are the same)

# file: {31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}/
# owner: 3000004
# group: 3000004
user::rwx
user:3000002:rwx
user:3000003:r-x
user:3000007:rwx
user:3000010:r-x
group::rwx
group:3000002:rwx
group:3000003:r-x
group:3000004:rwx
group:3000007:rwx
group:3000010:r-x
mask::rwx
other::---
default:user::rwx
default:user:3000002:rwx
default:user:3000003:r-x
default:user:3000004:rwx
default:user:3000007:rwx
default:user:3000010:r-x
default:group::---
default:group:3000002:rwx
default:group:3000003:r-x
default:group:3000004:rwx
default:group:3000007:rwx
default:group:3000010:r-x
default:mask::rwx
default:other::---

It looks like, User Configurations are working and*Computer
Configurations won't do*!

Thy very much for help.

PS:I do not know if it helps. On a Windows Server 2016 and 2012 I
configured the same GPOs above described. On WS all works fine.