[Samba] Pre Poettering rsync?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Feb 6 20:50:48 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Five minutes ago I heard a rumor that Lennart Poettering has rewritten
rsync. My top urgency is to download the latest numbered version of
rsync untouched by Lennart Poettering: I'll find out if the rumor is
true or false later.

I've downloaded rsync rsync-3.1.3.tar.gz and rsync-patches-3.1.3.tar.gz
from https://download.samba.org/pub/rsync/ . Is the source code in both
those files unmodified by Lennart Poettering?

According to
http://0pointer.net/blog/casync-a-tool-for-distributing-file-system-images.html ,
Lennart Poettering used rsync as an inspiration for his new casync
software. If that's all it is, good: Everything's fine. But just in
case, can somebody verify that rsync-3.1.3.tar.gz and
rsync-patches-3.1.3.tar.gz are unmodified by Lennart Poettering?

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
January 2018 featured book: Troubleshooting: Why Bother?
http://www.troubleshooters.com/twb