[Samba] GPOs not Working!

Robert Marcano robert at marcanoonline.com
Tue Feb 6 18:42:17 UTC 2018

On 02/06/2018 01:44 PM, Micha Ballmann via samba wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have a testing environment, 2 DCs Ubuntu 18.04, SAMBA 4.7.4 - MIT
> Kerberos (clean, not upgraded). I just wan to create/activating a simple
> GPOs.
>
> # Interactive logon: Do not require CTRL + ALT + DEL -> activate
>
> # Interactive login: Do not displa last user name -> activate

These look like machine level GPO. See the output of

   gpresult /v

Mine say that machine based GPOs are not applied because of "Denied
(Security)" and the GPO is the default one (This is a test domain) where
the filter is for "Authenticated Users" and that include machine accounts.

Running Samba Version 4.7.4.

More details of the same problem (not solved) at this mailing list post
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2018-January/213333.html