[Samba] 4.7.4 build fails

NoelB noel.butler at ausics.org
Tue Feb 6 00:26:30 UTC 2018

> On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 13:07:01 +0100
> Thomas Bork via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
> Am 01.02.2018 um 11:31 schrieb NoelB via samba:
>
> [3667/3915] Linking default/source3/libads-samba4.so
> default/source3/libads/kerberos_keytab_63.o: In function
> `ads_keytab_list':
> kerberos_keytab.c:(.text+0x356): undefined reference to
> `ads_keytab_open' [...] Any suggestions would be greatfully appreciated :)
> I reported this immediately after version 4.6.12 was coming out:
>
> https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2017-December/212930.html
>
> There is no official fix for this yet.

Have you tried removing these from your configure line:

--enable-cups --with-acl-support --with-automount --with-quotas
--with-syslog
--with-utmp --with-winbind --without-ldap --without-ads --without-pam
--build=i586-slackware-linux

And replace them with this:

--without-ad-dc

Rowland

/tmp/samba-4.7.4/source3/wscript:703: error: LDAP support not found. Try
installing libldap2-dev or openldap-devel. Otherwise, use --without-ldap
to build without LDAP support. LDAP support is required for the LDAP
passdb backend, LDAP idmap backends and ADS. ADS support improves
communication with Active Directory domain controllers.

There is a reason we use --without ldap/ads/pam

so adding  without-ldap leads to...

Active Directory support not available: LDAP support is not available.
/tmp/samba-4.7.4/source3/wscript:813: error: Active Directory support
not found. Use --without-ads for building without Active Directory
support. ADS support improves communication with Active Directory domain
controllers.

adding without ads now brings us back to pam whinging

/tmp/samba-4.7.4/source3/wscript:951: error: PAM support is enabled but
prerequisite libraries or headers not found. Use --without-pam to
disable PAM support.

Back where we started at now, it clearly broke from working 4.6.11 to
failed 4.6.12 , 4.7.*

I would have thought that devs would make their configure script as
smart as most others are by now since its 2018, ie:  if I dont see
krb/ads/ldap/pam/etc - I WILL NOT include/try_to_use them - rather than
forcing a default=yes on them...  seems that would have been more
important and functional than pythonising the make process

Oh and yes, I did also try adding --without-ad-dc to my "original full"
configure line as well.