[Samba] a quick small howto to get samba 4.7.4 on ubuntu 16.04.

Roy Eastwood spindles7 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 06:59:55 UTC 2018

There should be two lines in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list:
deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian stretch-unstable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian stretch-unstable main contrib non-free

Note that it should be "stretch-unstable" in both lines above not "unstable" as originally posted by Loius, otherwise it fails.

Also, Louis, missed the EOF marker in his original post to terminate the script;   The EOF should be after the line "apt-get -qq update"

Also my system could not find the xattr package, but it seems to work without it.

Thanks Louis for this!

Roy