[Samba] Account is sensitive and cannot be delegated (userAccountControl NOT_DELEGATED flag 0x00100000)

Antonios Kalkakos akalkakos at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 3 16:47:29 UTC 2018

On 1/2/2018 11:52, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Wed, 2018-01-31 at 16:15 +0000, Antonios Kalkakos wrote:

>>> Yes, please file a bug.  Clearly we need a test for this.
>>>
>>> (Regarding Rowland's point, the Heimdal package on Debian won't
>>> actually be used by the Samba 4.5 package).
>>>
>>> Andrew Bartlett
>> I have filled Bug 13205 with a proposed patch. It also affects Samba
>> versions 4.7.4 and 4.8.0rc2.
> Thanks for that.  The challenging task now is to write an automated
> test for that, and double-check how Windows behaves.
Windows clients (at least Windows 7, 8.1 and 10) always ask for a
forwardable TGT. If the forwardable flag is set on the TGT, a forwarded
TGT is obtained and the forwardable flag is set on subsequent ticket
requests. If the forwardable flag is not set on the TGT, all subsequent
ticket requests do not have forwardable flag set.

> I realise that is a big ask, but I wanted you to know why we can't just
> merge the patch, as it would be really unfortunate for us to regress
> again.  To make it even more tricky, we really need to get such a patch
>   and a test upstream to Heimdal or confirm a similar fix is already
> there, so we don't regress when we eventually update Samba's copy.
>
> And if that wasn't enough, we need to work out if changing the Heimdal
> behaviour for their existing realms is actually OK, or if we need to
> carve our a new flag bit for 'don't deny, auto-downgrade'.
>
> All this makes a lot of work for such a simple patch, for which I will
> understand your frustration.
>
> Andrew Bartlett

This is true. People at Heimdal did it for a reason, which means that
apart from regression, changing it may break something else. And there
may/should be a better way to solve it programmatically.