[Samba] Mac client the color label associated to a file is lost after editing...

Dario Palmisano Dario.Palmisano at icgeb.org
Fri Feb 2 10:56:51 UTC 2018

Hello,

thanks in advance for the support!

My samba server is samba-3.6.23-45.el6_9.x86_64, on Scientific Linux 6.

Using a Mac it is possible to associate a color label to a file (suppose a word
document). This can be done on the samba share too, but if I edit the file and
save the changes the color label is lost (like if it is reset to empty). When
the file is local or it is in shared volume via afp (netatalk) the editing
works fine, preserving the color label.

Is this happened to any other, is there any way to solve it?

Many thanks and regards

Dario