[Samba] Changing expired Samba AD password during Windows login

Ken McDonald ken at generation.tech
Thu Feb 1 12:28:50 UTC 2018

Ah, I see now. I went back and re-read the Samba wiki on MIT Kerberos
with your comments in mind

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Running_a_Samba_AD_DC_with_MIT_Kerberos_KDC

"For this reason, vendors of operating systems that only support MIT
Kerberos could not provide packages with AD DC-capabilities"

So I now understand this does not mean other Windows Server OS's or
Windows OS AD-specific server applications or 3rd-party Windows
software. It means Linux OS's running Samba itself and their ability to
provide Samba-compatible Kerberos support.

Great! Thanks for clarifying it. I will just proceed with my plans based
on Heimdal only. I will be moving several of my customer's MS Server
2008 AD DC's domains/PCs/users to Linux based Samba DC's instead of
paying license fees to upgrade their MS Windows OS's.

Much appreciate everyone's help along the way with answers towards my
solution.