[Samba] Changing expired Samba AD password during Windows login

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Feb 1 09:27:55 UTC 2018

Hai,

A bit quick help here..

If you go to http://apt.van-belle.nl

Get the debian stretch-unstable lines and put then in your ubuntu.
Now disable the deb line and enable the deb-src line.

Now have a look here and get all the sources, listed on the bottem.
http://apt.van-belle.nl/current-packages-in-stretch-unstable-apt.txt

I use this build order.
1 talloc
2 teven
3 teb
4 cmocka
5 ldb
6 nss-wrapper
7 revolv-wrapper
8 uid-wrapper
9 socket-wrapper
10 pam-wrapper
11 samba

Create a "file" repo include it in the apt list. ( deb only )
I use this:
Files, .deb new builded, are 1 folder below the source folder.

The script creates an "$ARCH" folder and create the packages.gz for apt-get.
Put this file in there.  ( code below ) and run it.

You might need to install dpkg-dev

#!/bin/bash

set -e

BUILDARCH=$(dpkg-architecture -q DEB_BUILD_ARCH)
echo "Processing for Arch: ${BUILDARCH}"

if [ ! -e /etc/apt/sources.list.d/file-repo.list ]; then
    echo "deb [trusted=yes] file:/home/pbuilder/archive/build-samba  ${BUILDARCH}/" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/file-repo.list
fi

if [ ! -d ${BUILDARCH} ]; then
    mkdir ${BUILDARCH}
fi

if [ $(ls ${1}/*| grep "_${BUILDARCH}.deb" | wc -l) -ge 1 ]; then
    echo "Copy ${BUILDARCH}.deb to ${BUILDARCH}/"
    cp $1/*${BUILDARCH}.deb  ${BUILDARCH}/
else
    echo "No files detected in $1"
fi

if [ $(ls ${1}/*| grep "_all.deb" | wc -l) -ge 1 ]; then
    echo "Copy _all.deb to ${BUILDARCH}/"
    cp $1/*_all.deb  ${BUILDARCH}/
else
    echo "no *_all.deb detected in $1"
fi

dpkg-scanpackages ${BUILDARCH} /dev/null > ${BUILDARCH}/Packages
echo "Running: apt-get update -qq  ... Please wait..."
apt-get -qq update

And build in above order.
You might need to change the debian/control files a bit for ubuntu.
Just run apt-get build-dep package and if its still wrong or to low in version,
The build wil stop.

Im but buzzy atm, but if there are more people that want ubuntu packages, i'll think about it.
But if i do that, then its only for the latest LTS version.

A tip in finding package..
> > E: Package 'libgpgme-dev' has no installation candidate
> > E: Unable to locate package perl-modules-5.26
> > E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'perl-modules-5.26'
> > E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'perl-modules-5.26'
> > E: Unable to locate package python-gpg
> > E: Unable to locate package python3-gpg

https://packages.ubuntu.com/
Search for the missing, like libgpgme-dev and get the one for your system.
If its not available get one version up. ( get the sources and rebuild it ! )
For perl-modules-5.26 change in the control files perl to perl-modules-5.24.
https://packages.ubuntu.com/zesty/any/perl-modules-5.24
And
https://packages.ubuntu.com/zesty/python-gpg
For you python-gpg

Good luck, if you have "small" questions, mail the list and pm me.
Im very buzy atm, but i'll try to give bit help here.

Greetz,

Louis