[Samba] Changing expired Samba AD password during Windows login

Ken McDonald ken at generation.tech
Thu Feb 1 00:01:42 UTC 2018

On another clean install (with all updates) of Ubuntu Server 16.04.3,
trying your line of dependencies fails:

Package libgpgme-dev is not available, but is referred to by another
package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'libgpgme-dev' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package perl-modules-5.26
E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'perl-modules-5.26'
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'perl-modules-5.26'
E: Unable to locate package python-gpg
E: Unable to locate package python3-gpg

Regardless, using plain apt-get on that version of Ubuntu results in

krb5-kdc (1.13.2+dfsg-5ubuntu2 Ubuntu:16.04/xenial-updates [amd64])

libkrb5-dev (1.13.2+dfsg-5ubuntu2 Ubuntu:16.04/xenial-updates [amd64])

When the Samba install/build docs state that version "MIT Kerberos
1.15.1 or later" is required. I couldn't figure out how to install that
version on Ubuntu 16.04.3 without just downloading the krb5 sources and
compiling myself. Doing that required a lot of other tweaking to get all
the krb5 dependencies and install directories "correct" to complete the
build and have a subsequent Samba 4.7.4 build actually find a
functioning krb5