[Samba] Authenticating Samba Share Using Windows Credentials

Singh, Hartej hsingh at galco.com
Thu Dec 27 22:24:53 UTC 2018

Hello:

I have Samba 4.8.3 server running on RHEL 7.6 and I have configured smb.conf with smbpasswd as the backend passdb.

I have included my smb.conf below this message. From Windows 10, I can map to the //server/homes by entering the credentials for the Samba users (stored in smbpasswd), but since I am using the "username map = /etc/samba/smbusers" Global directive in my smb.conf, I am expecting to be authenticated for the //server/homes mapping using my Windows credentials instead. That is not working for me.

Also, the Windows credentials authentication works on RHEL 6.9 with Samba 3.X.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Hartej

Here is smb.conf: