[Samba] After upgrade to 4.9.4, internal DNS no longer working

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Dec 23 10:35:28 UTC 2018

On Sun, 23 Dec 2018 11:19:37 +0100
Viktor Trojanovic <viktor at troja.ch> wrote:

> I was too quick to send my previous email. It can't really be a
> problem of the package since I have, as mentioned, another system
> with the exact same setup and the exact same package versions and it
> all works there...

Upgrading a running Samba server on an OS should work without error,
unless there was an underlying problem already.

Is your other system running as a DC in the same domain, or is it a
totally separate domain ?

It might help if you could remember what version you upgraded from, was
it the version it was provisioned at ?
If so, there is an attribute in the base 'dc=samdom,dc=example,dc',
this attribute 'oEMInformation' contains the Samba version at provision.

Rowland