[Samba] After upgrade to 4.9.4, internal DNS no longer working

Viktor Trojanovic viktor at troja.ch
Sun Dec 23 09:38:05 UTC 2018

I'm not aware of a new folder being created. I can confirm that
/var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb is the only file with that name on my
system. How could I check if Samba indeed looks up this file and is not
looking for it somewhere else?

Some additional information that might be relevant or not. I can run
ldbsearch -H on sam.ldb without errors. I can even query specific
information, such as '(objectclass=person)' and the result list looks
accurate. Doesn't this mean that my sam.ldb is actually in order and the
error lies elsewhere?