[Samba] Debian Stretch Samba 4.9.4 now available amd64/i386

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Dec 20 14:16:02 UTC 2018

Hai,

I've updated the repo with the Debian Stretch 4.9.4 packages.
No changes on my side, so check the samba changelogs for whats fixed.

Info : https://apt.van-belle.nl
Buildlogs : https://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/Buildlogs/stretch/

The repo setup.

1) Choose http or https for you apt, both work, for https you need to :
apt-get install apt-transport-https

2) Import my public key
wget -O - http://apt.van-belle.nl/louis-van-belle.gpg-key.asc | apt-key add -
Or pull my key from the pgp.mit.edu server.
apt-key adv --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0xE6F6A3C7EB7A89CF

3) (optional) setup a header line for the repo file.
echo "# AptVanBelle repo for samba." | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

4) In the line below, change the OS and/or samba version to what you want. Shown is debian stretch with samba 4.9.
echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian stretch-samba49 main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

====>>  PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING. <<====
All terms like (jessie) and (jessie-backports) and (unstable) are related to this apt-repo (apt.van-belle.nl) are now absolete as of 21-08-2018.
Also (stretch), (stretch-backports) and (stretch-unstable) are now absolete as of 24-08-2018.
As of 1 Jan 2019 the old names will be removed.
Why: The old repos needed one another, the new repos contain all you need in one repo.
It is saving me some traffic and better to handle.

Dont hammer the server, you will get blocked automaticly if you do so. ( for 1 day ).

Repo names changes overview for apt.van-belle.nl.

The old and should not be use anymore repo's.
For Debian Jessie amd64/i386
4.5 jessie-backports: samba 4.5.12 was a backport from stretch, EOL. Not supported/updated anymore.
4.5 jessie-samba45  : samba 4.5.16 from samba.org, with latest 2 CVE's from Debian samba 4.5.12.  Not supported/updated anymore as of per today.

Up2date repo's.

4.6 oldrepo name : unstable, new repo name     : jessie-samba46
4.7 : jessie-samba47
4.8 : jessie-samba48

For Debian Stretch  amd64/i386 .
4.6 oldrepo name : stretch, new repo name        : stretch-samba46
4.7 oldrepo name : stretch-unable, new repo name : stretch-samba47
4.8 : stretch-samba48
4.9 : stretch-samba49

Ubuntu Bionic :
4.9 amd64 only. : repo name   : bionic-samba49

Upgradeing from Debian Jessie advice.
Read :
https://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/Upgrade-info.txt
Now update your smb.conf and update you samba to samba 4.8.
When that's done and samba is at 4.8, then upgrade to debian stretch.

Ubuntu bionic packages 4.9.4 can be expected at latest Friday.
Working on them now.

Greetz,

Louis