[Samba] Little strangeness on dns-* account...

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Dec 19 09:43:46 UTC 2018

The dns-COMPUTER-NAME "user" contains the dns/SPN so be very carefull here and dont remove this user.

Normaly, you would have exected to have the DNS/spn on the serverObject in the AD.
So imo yes, a small bug, but as Andrew told this is intended.

Adding : isCriticalSystemObject: TRUE
Should not be needed.

What i would do here is, use the description field. ( DNS Service Account for .... )
Filter out all "*Service Account*"

Simple and easy to track and it changes nothing in the base..
You have more acconts to filter out, just add : Service Account in the description.

Greetz,

Louis