[Samba] Samba-created files with POSIX ACLs gaining execute bit

christian russell christian.baltini at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 03:58:49 UTC 2018

I figured something as much but all the docs I found pointed to the archive, hidden, and readonly attributes touching the execute bits (see here, for example: https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/using_samba/ch08.html#samba2-CHP-8-FIG-2 <https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/using_samba/ch08.html#samba2-CHP-8-FIG-2>).  That’s why I disabled those mappings in my smb.conf.  Granted the docs I found were older — is this handled differently nowadays?

In any event is there some way to prevent this behavior so I get sane permissions within the *nix environment?

Thanks very much for your response.

Christian