[Samba] [Solved] GSSAPI/Kerberos authenticate with Dovecot

Wed Dec 12 15:43:58 UTC 2018

OK, for now it seem to work.

Server:   dovecot.my.fqdn.com
Security: STARTTLS
Auth:     Kerberos/GSSAPI

Possible Problems:

- Keytabfile (samba-tool delegation show dovecot\$) ?
- IP as Servername
- SSL/TLS Port 993 ?

Maybe someone can complete the wiki with thunderbird settings?

P.S.

Roland kinit -V5 DOVECOTUSER at MY.FQDN.COM did also work
I use the samba wiki, dont know why only export 3 keys.

I have moved from samba NT4 domain to ad with debian update.
can this be the reason?