[Samba] GSSAPI/Kerberos authenticate with Dovecot

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Dec 12 15:28:49 UTC 2018

Ah, i think whats going on here.

The wiki example and your are using different setup.
The wiki uses a separate account, and not the computer account like you.

Based on that wiki.
- install server + samba.   ( already dont )
- join the domain.  ( also done )

Good you said you have share access..

ln -sf /usr/local/samba/private/krb5.conf /etc/krb5.conf << not needed.
Just use the default /etc/krb5.conf as long you default realm is defined.

Dont use
$ samba-tool spn add imap/host.domain.com dovecot
$ samba-tool domain exportkeytab --principal imap/host.domain.com /etc/dovecot/dovecot.keytab

But on the member use :
net ads keytab add idmap/your.host.tld at REALM
This add the spn to the local keytab file AND the AD.

Here you have 2 options.
Use the system default keytab file or setup a separated.

And you might need to add in the krb5.conf the line
ignore k5login  # due to krb5_kuserok() is used to check if access is allowed.

Greetz,

Louis