[Samba] [OT?] $RECYCLE.BIN cleanup...

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Dec 11 15:40:12 UTC 2018

Hai,
Since there is a very low volume today.

I've not tested/setup yet, so test this, but my idea here is this.

Step 1:
https://www.gpoedit.com/2018/02/not-move-deleted-files-recycle-bin/
Dont move files to recycle bin.

Take note off this, with this setup im having every thing redirect to servers.
Users dont use lokal disks. ( even the users desktop is on the server here )

Step 2:
enable samba recycle bin and/or vfs_shadow_copy2
Use these.

Step 3:
Use something like this on the server.
find /home/users/*/Desktop/$RECYCLE/ -type f -name '*.jpg' -mtime +30 -exec rm {} \;
(delete every *.jpg file older then 30 days)

Dont use * but *.extention, or loop throug some extentions.
If the list is to long with a wildcard, you will get "Argument list too long error." and it fails.
Or count the total files before you use a wildcard.

For now,

Greetz,

Louis