[Samba] RHEL7/Centos7 with Samba AD

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Dec 11 01:58:20 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2018-12-10 at 20:53 -0500, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> I actually hope that the "--with-experimental-ad-dc" option will work
> well, as it seems to in Fedora 29. I'm not holding my breath for it.

I'm sorry if my hints have not been strong enough:

PLEASE DO NOT BUILD RPMS OF SAMBA WITH THIS SET.

Your end users don't know we lack security support for this mode, and
do not have the resources to even fix the well known bugs in a timely
manner.  It remains as a base for a future development effort from some
well-funded partner who needs it.

As we know Red Hat doesn't need it any more, so who this will be is an
open question.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett

--