[Samba] windos 10 <-> samba file server -> problems

Dr. Peer-Joachim Koch pkoch at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Mon Dec 10 13:17:22 UTC 2018

Hi,

we have a strange problem with a win 10 system.
The windows system is using network shares exported from
a linux system running samba 4.8. ~250 people are using the
shares without any problem.
This server is running automatically some mysql queries.
The results of the queries are written to a file on the share.
1 or 2 times (from 10) this will fail. We only get an error like
"file not found". The mysql query is running long (up to 60min).
This problem occurred when the machine was updated from WIN7
to WIN10.

Any idea what is the reason for this kind of error ?
Can we change some settings on the WIN10 machine to get the stability of
the windows 7 back ?

As a temporary solution the file is written to a local disk and then
copied to the network share. But we would like to understand what has
changed between WIN7 and WIN10 ...

--
Bye,
     Peer

Max-Planck-Institut für Biogeochemie
Dr. Peer-Joachim Koch
Hans-Knöll Str.10            Telefon: ++49 3641 57-6705
D-07745 Jena                 Telefax: ++49 3641 57-7705