[Samba] Enable offline login for users

Luke Barone lukebarone at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 00:24:28 UTC 2018

I am going to assume you are talking about using Cached Credentials in
Windows... Otherwise, this is not possible.

With Cached Credentials, you need to make sure there isn't a Group Policy
(local or domain) that removes this functionality. Check under Computer
Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies ->
Security Options -> Interactive logon: Number of previous logons to cache.
If that number is lower than the number of users who have recently logged
in, Windows will not allow the logon unless it talks to the domain
controller.