[Samba] Missing 'glusterfs.so' in Ubuntu

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Dec 5 08:24:43 UTC 2018

Hai,

No exactly Rowland.

There is not missing anything.
And he is correct, that file is missing in the official ubuntu and debian packages.

I suggest report a bug at ubuntu, its missing in all there samba packages.
https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=cosmic&arch=any&searchon=contents&keywords=glusterfs.so
You can pretty easy rebuild the ubuntu package if you need it.
Debian fixed This in 4.6.5 ( not released )
Read: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=864862

The debian packages does contain it as of debian buster/testing.
https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=buster&arch=any&searchon=contents&keywords=glusterfs.so

You have 3 options to get it running.

The short version.
My debian stretch packages does have these enabled, and you could try the 4.7 from stretch.
My packages, info. https://apt.van-belle.nl

Or rebuild the package yourself. The long version.
Enable deb-src in your ubuntu apt.

Run this :
Apt-get update
apt-get build-dep samba
apt-get source samba
cd samba-4.7.6/debian
Edit control

After : Build-Depends: bison,
Add :
	glusterfs-common [linux-any],

Save it.
Edit rules
After : conf_args = \
Add : --with-cluster-support \

After :
override_dh_makeshlibs:
        # create symbols and shlibs files in separate wrapper script to deal with
        # private libraries
        debian/make_shlibs

Add this part : ! Check if you see the snapper and/or ceph.so lines, if the exists, change it so it matches this:

override_dh_shlibdeps:
        LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$(DESTDIR)/usr/lib/$(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)/samba:$$LD_LIBRARY_PATH \
          dh_shlibdeps -a -Xceph.so -Xglusterfs.so -Xsnapper.so
ifeq ($(DEB_HOST_ARCH_OS), linux)
        LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$(DESTDIR)/usr/lib/$(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)/samba:$$LD_LIBRARY_PATH \
          dh_shlibdeps -a -- -pvfsmods -dRecommends \
            -e debian/samba-vfs-modules/usr/lib/*/samba/vfs/ceph.so \
            -e debian/samba-vfs-modules/usr/lib/*/samba/vfs/glusterfs.so \
            -e debian/samba-vfs-modules/usr/lib/*/samba/vfs/snapper.so
else
        LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$(DESTDIR)/usr/lib/$(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)/samba:$$LD_LIBRARY_PATH \
          dh_shlibdeps -a -- -pvfsmods -dRecommends \
            -e debian/samba-vfs-modules/usr/lib/*/samba/vfs/snapper.so
Endif

Option 3, the very long time taking version.
Report it at ubuntu and wait untill the have fixed it.

Greetz,

Louis