[Samba] Replicate with --full-sync error

Taner Tas taner76 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 09:52:28 UTC 2018

Fri, 31 Aug 2018 09:48:59 +0100 tarihinde
Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> yazdı:

> It might also help if you could tell us what the 'diverged entries'
> are.
>
> Rowland

I did a test for in place upgrade (4.3.11 -> 4.8.4) along with
Ubuntu-16.04 -> Ubuntu-18.0.4 upgrade. Switched to chrony as ntp server.

I will not go in details but process succeeded and replication works on
both DC's.

I did a "ldapcmp" after upgrade and I saw that some changes that I did
in-between upgrade (adding an user to Domain Admins group etc.) doesn't
showed up on later upgraded DC (DC1).

Order: Upgrade DC2 -> FSMO's to DC2 -> Upgrade DC1 -> FSMO's to DC1

That's a very minor comparing to size of db, but my actual intention was
to confirm full-sync works when I really need it.