[Samba] gencache.tdb size and cache flush

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Aug 29 09:12:22 UTC 2018

The config looks ok, thats great. :-)
Its not needed to stop samba running : net cache flush

If you run:  net cache list and have a look, then flush it and look again.
You see its empty.

If you need to copy the idmap than it is needed to stop samba.

Can you show me an output of.
dpkg -l | egrep "tevent|tdb|ldb|talloc|cmocka"
Im running latest versions of these. Own compile or from sid/experimental.

Now my network is not that large in users, about the same computers.
If you able, you could try my new 4.8.5 builds for stretch.

I cant tell where this is coming from, i cant simulate it..
Maybe Rowland knows more about this.

Greetz,

Louis