[Samba] Jessie And Stretch samba 4.8.5 ( help/test wanted ) (amd64/i386)

Achim Gottinger achim at ag-web.biz
Tue Aug 28 22:16:05 UTC 2018

Am 27.08.2018 um 15:55 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:
>   Hai,
>
> I've updated the stretch-experimental line now so you can safely test 4.8.5.
> Im expecting to move these in 2-3 days to the -samba48 repo.
>

> Buildlogs.
> http://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/Buildlogs/jessie-experimental/
> http://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/Buildlogs/stretch-experimental/
>
> Install:
> wget -O - http://apt.van-belle.nl/louis-van-belle.gpg-key.asc | apt-key add -
>
> Jessie:
> echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian jessie-experimental main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list
>
> Stretch:
> echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian stretch-experimental main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list
>
> My first tests look good, but if anyone could test some packages also, would be nice.
>
> Samba 4.7.10, is next to come and then i hope to make some time for 4.9rc.
>

> Greetz,
>
> Louis

Hello Louis,

Tested your packages in two stretch nspawn containers one running as ad and one as an fileserver. So far i have not found any issues.
I can logon with an windows 7 client and my mail and sogo servers can still authenticate ad users.
Started the test environment with your 4.8.3 packages a few weeks ago.
Is there anything special i can test?

Achim~