[Samba] Renaming a folder while other smbd-users have files opened

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Tue Aug 28 16:41:18 UTC 2018

Am 28.08.18 um 18:16 schrieb Ralph Böhme:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 04:37:51PM +0200, Stefan G. Weichinger via samba
> wrote:
>> why does that work? why isn't that blocked/forbidden/not allowed?
>
> because you didn't know of the "strict rename" parameter which defaults
> to false for reasons explained in the manpage. :)

thanks for the pointer, read the section right now and it sounds valid
... although I still wonder if I can avoid having users do that by
setting ACLs?

Is it possible to allow them read/write "Daten/client[abc]" but not
rename "Daten", for example?

It happened for the first time since over 16 yrs or so, to be fair ;-)