[Samba] Problems removing a SBS 2008 server from a Samba AD DC.

Jonathan Hunter jmhunter1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 22:51:53 UTC 2018

Just responding on one point..

On Mon, 27 Aug 2018 at 21:35, Tom Diehl via samba <samba at lists.samba.org>
wrote:

> In addition, I tried running samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs --fix
> that command generates over 400 errors that it claims it is going to fix
> but
> it does not.
>
> (pht-vdc1 pts9) # samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs --fix --yes
> [...]
> ERROR: Failed to fix old DN string on attribute
> msSBSComputerUserAccessOverride : (16, "attribute
> 'msSBSComputerUserAccessOverride': no matching attribute value while
> deleting attribute on 'CN=Chris
> XXXXX,OU=SBSUsers,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=mydomain,DC=com'")

I had been bitten by this part in the past, too.

The 'dbcheck --fix --yes' operation is transactional, i.e. either the whole
thing (all 400 updates) succeeds, or the whole thing fails (which is what
you are seeing) and no changes are committed.

You'll need to run without --yes, and confirm each one individually, I
think, in order to fix the 399 that are OK.

--
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research,
would it?"